Winter Rider Alerts
Page Last Updated: March 12, 2019 at 2:30 p.m.
Stops and routes affect:
- FIXED ROUTE BUSES will run, but snow route modifications may still be needed and will be kept up to date on this page.
- DIAL-A-RIDE and GENERAL DEMAND SERVICES are scheduled to run, however conditions will be reassessed throughout the day to ensure it is safe to continue.
- Reservationists will be available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. today.
- General Demand Service will also be assessed case-by-case to determine if the driver is able to reach your pick up and drop off locations.
- ATTENTION DIAL-A-RIDE CUSTOMERS: All locations will be assessed by drivers beforehand to determine if they are able to reach your pick up and drop off locations.
- Only locations with a cleared walkway between the front door and where the vehicle will stop for boarding will be serviced. Please ensure the path is clear before the vehicle arrives, or call reservations to reschedule.
Thank you for your understanding and support as we do our best to get all services back and up and running, and get you where you need and want to go. At all times, our priority remains the safety of our passengers and staff, so we will continue to watch road conditions closely and make adjustments to service if determined appropriate to keeping everyone safe.
When snow and ice impacts road conditions, BFT will adjust routes to ensure the safety of our passengers and employees. Depending on the severity of the weather and road conditions, we will announce winter rider alerts to restrict routes to main roads in an effort to avoid slippery neighborhood streets and hills. More restrictions come with higher levels, with Level 3 indicating a cancellation of a specific route, routes, or all service.
You can find out if your bus route has been affected by checking this page, or calling Customer Service at 509.735.5100.
Weather and Road Conditions:
- Level 1 Minor – Minor detours. Possibility of multiple stops out-of-service.
- Level 2 Intermediate – Major detours. Possibility of multiple stops and routes out-of-service.
- Level 3 Major – Suspension of a bus route, all routes, or Dial-A-Ride services.
Level 1 Map
Level 2 Map
In the event of a Level 3 Winter Rider alert, services will be suspended until further notice.