Ben Franklin Transit (BFT) is committed to providing reliable, safe, and satisfying transportation options for the community. Customer satisfaction is a primary core value of our organization. The customers of Ben Franklin Transit are a fundamental aspect of our business and as such, their feedback is crucial to the growth and development of the agency.
The BFT Customer Comment Policy has been established to ensure that riders of all modes of the system, including bus, paratransit, vanpool and contracted services have an easy and accessible way to provide feedback to the agency. Ben Franklin Transit is open to hearing any customer feedback including complaints, comments, suggestions, or concerns.
Section A: Contacting Ben Franklin Transit
Riders can contact Ben Franklin Transit in the following ways:
- Postage-free Customer Comment Cards shall be available on all BFT and contractor vehicles
- US Mail: Riders can mail their feedback to the Ben Franklin Transit, 7109 W. Okanogan Place, Kennewick, WA 99336-2341
- Telephone: Riders can contact Ben Franklin Transit Customer Service Department at (509) 735-5100 Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Saturday 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
- E-mail: Riders can contact Ben Franklin Transit by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Fax: Riders can send written feedback by fax to (509) 783-9956
- Language Line: For riders who speak a language other than English, Ben Franklin Transit will utilize the services of The Language Line to facilitate the call.
- In-person at the Three Rivers Customer Service Center, 7109 W. Okanogan Place, Kennewick
- Web-Site: Riders can offer feedback on the Ben Franklin Transit Web-site, bft.org by going to the “Contact Us” link
Section B: Feedback Review Process
All feedback from customers is valued and will be reviewed by the Customer Service Supervisor. After review, the Customer Service Supervisor or designee will distribute the customer communication to the appropriate agency representative(s).
Customer concerns, complaints, or employee commendations will be forwarded to the appropriate manager
Recommendations for service or system modification will be sent to the Transit Development Manager, Operations Manager or Dial-A-Ride Manager
Questions regarding discrimination or bias will be sent to the agency Human Resources Department
Section C: Feedback Acknowledgement
Anyone who submits a comment, complaint, or service suggestion to Ben Franklin Transit and requests a response shall receive an initial response within five (5) working days provided they give legible contact information. When ever possible, the response to the customer will include comment tracking identification number.
Section D: Information about Policy
Information about the Customer Comment Policy, including how to submit a complaint, will be made available to riders:
- When customers are approved for ADA paratransit service
- When customers are re-evaluated for ADA paratransit service or if customers are not re-evaluated, every three (3) years
- At the Three Rivers Customer Service Center
- On the website
Section E: Reporting
The Transit Development Manager shall compile a summary of customer comments for the board, staff, and employees for use in reviewing and evaluating service.
Section F: Tracking
Ben Franklin Transit shall maintain a tracking system for all feedback from customers that provides a unique identification of each customer communication and allows ready access to information on the status of the comment at any time.
Section G: Protection from Retribution
Customers of Ben Franklin Transit should be able to submit feedback without fear of retribution from the agency. If a rider feels like they are being treated unfairly in response to the feedback that they provided, they should contact the Ben Franklin Transit Office of the General Manager. Ben Franklin Transit will appropriately discipline any employee or contractor that retaliates against a customer.