INTRODUCING BFT CONNECT: ON-DEMAND RIDE SERVICE
BFT CONNECT, brought to you by Ben Franklin Transit in partnership with Via, allows you to request a ride when you need it. You can use the Via App, or call in to request rides, to connect to designated locations within CONNECT service zones.
WHAT IS BFT CONNECT SERVICE?
Think of it like a bus that’s smart enough to go where you want, when you want. Book a ride within minutes of when you’re ready to leave and we’ll pick you up in a van and connect you to designated locations called Transit Connections. Our new, on-demand service is a convenient way for you to get to the BFT bus system and essential services. For more information, see our CONNECT FAQs, or call Customer Service at 509.735.5100.
WHERE ARE BFT CONNECT ZONES?
Click on the buttons below for details about the service zones, and click here to enlarge map:
Started April 20:
Starting May 4:
WEST richland & badger mtn
Starting May 11:
CENTRAL KENNEWICK & FINLEY
COLUMBIA CENTER & S. RICHLAND
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
In order to maintain social distancing, for driver and passenger safety, you will be asked to sit in the very back of the vehicles to maintain a distance of SIX feet between you and the driver. The vehicles are being cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
HOW MUCH DO CONNECT RIDES COST?
Normally, you would pay for your ride. For now until the COVID-19 emergency is lifted, rides are FREE! Check out CONNECT FAQs for future fare information.
For now, hours are Monday thru Friday: 8am to 5pm. After the emergency declaration has ended, CONNECT service hours will match all other BFT services.
HOW DO I BOOK A RIDE?
- Download and open the Via App on your smartphone.
No smartphone? Call 509.204.4189 to reserve a ride.
- Verify your location. Choose your destination. Your location, the zone boundary, and designated stops will appear. You may be asked to walk to a nearby intersection to be picked up, and you’ll only be able to choose designated stops called Transit Connections for your destination. If you are already at a designated stop, you can choose to return to any location in the same zone and you’ll be dropped off at a nearby intersection.
- Choose one or two passengers. This will normally be a shared ride service, but during this emergency, you will ride alone. During COVID-19, you may travel with one other person from your household on the same trip with the same destination.
- For now rides are FREE! Normally, you would pay for your ride. In the future, you will be able to use your BFT bus pass to pay for a portion of your ride.
- Get in, and ride in style! Please sit in the very back of the vehicles.
ZONE MAPS & TRANSIT CONNECTIONS
Click on the maps below to enlarge, and click on links below the maps to view flyers with more details.
WEST PASCO zone
WEST RICHLAND & BADGER MOUNTAIN zone
STARTING MAY 11:
CENTRAL KENNEWICK & FINLEY
COLUMBIA CENTER & SOUTH RICHLAND
Return to top