INTRODUCING BFT CONNECT: ON-DEMAND RIDE SERVICE
BFT CONNECT, brought to you by Ben Franklin Transit in partnership with Via, is an on-demand ride service that allows you to request a ride when you need it. You can use the Via app, or call in to request rides, to connect to designated locations within a BFT CONNECT zone.
WHAT IS BFT CONNECT SERVICE?
Book a ride within minutes of when you’re ready to leave and we’ll pick you up in a van and connect you to designated locations called Transit Connections. Our new, on-demand service is a convenient way for you to get to essential services within a zone, and connect to the BFT bus network.
Please note: All rides must either begin or end at a designated Transit Connection in the same zone where the ride is booked. For more information, see our CONNECT FAQs, or call BFT Customer Service at 509.735.5100.
SERVICE HOURS - Effective December 14, 2020:
Weekdays: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. | Saturday: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
WHERE ARE BFT CONNECT ZONES?
There are six CONNECT service zones throughout the Tri-Cities. Click on the buttons below for details about each zone, and click here to enlarge map:
CENTRAL KENNEWICK & FINLEY
COLUMBIA CENTER & S. RICHLAND
WEST richland & badger mtn
TRY IT FOR FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
- Rides are FREE until our community reaches Phase 3
- Only $3.00 or less per ride when fares begin*
- Book a ride with the Via app or call 509.204.4189
*Check out CONNECT FAQs for future fare information.
Masks are required. Also, for driver and passenger safety, you will be asked to sit in the very back of the vehicle to maintain a distance of six feet between you and the driver. The vehicles are being cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
HOW DO I BOOK A RIDE?
- Download and open the Via app. If you do not have a smartphone, call 509.204.4189 to schedule a ride.
- Confirm your location. Enter the location where you would like to be picked up and press "Confirm my Location." You may be asked to walk to a nearby intersection to be picked up.
- Choose one or two passengers. This will normally be a shared ride service, but during the pandemic, you will ride alone. Currently, you may travel with one other person from your household on the same trip with the same destination.
- Choose your destination. Choose from the designated stops called Transit Connections offered for your destination. If you are already at a designated stop, you can choose to return to any location in the same zone and you'll be dropped off at a nearby intersection.
- For now rides are FREE. Normally, you would pay for your ride, but until our community reaches Phase 3, rides are free. In the future, you will be able to use your BFT bus pass to pay for a portion of your ride.
- Get in, and ride in style! Masks are required. Please sit in the very back of the vehicles.
ZONE MAPS & TRANSIT CONNECTIONS
Click on the maps below to enlarge, and click on links below the maps to view flyers with more details.
CENTRAL KENNEWICK & FINLEY
COLUMBIA CENTER & SOUTH RICHLAND
WEST RICHLAND & BADGER MOUNTAIN
Return to top