To apply for DAR service you must complete a written application available from the transit office or download the PDF form below. Call 735-0160 for more information or to have an application mailed out to you.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
No service on Sundays
BFT DOES NOT OPERATE ON THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAYS:
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day (4th of July), Labor Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas.
BFT operates according to the Saturday Service schedules on the following Holidays:
New Year’s Eve, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Veterans Day, Friday after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Eve (last trip at 1 PM).
Policies and Forms
- Carry On Items Policy
- Dial-A-Ride Pass By Mail Form (English)
- Dial-A-Ride Pass By Mail Form (Espanol)
- No Show & Late/Cancel Policy
- Service Animal Policy
$1.50 Per Boarding - $3.00 fare beyond 3/4 mile from a fixed route
$25.00 for a Monthly Pass
$12.00 for a 10-Ride Ticket
All Dial-A-Ride vehicles are equipped with lifts to accommodate the boarding of disabled individuals, if required.
Scheduling A Ride
To schedule a ride, call 735-0160 (or toll free 1-877-646-4287) to request service, at least one (1) day in advance. Reservations can be made Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. On Saturday and Sunday, a call taker is available from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM to book rides for Monday only.
When you call to schedule a ride, it is important to have the following information ready:
- Your name
- Your complete pick-up address, including apartment or suite number
- The complete address and phone number of your destination
- The desired arrival time at your destination; inform the call taker if you have an appointment time and what time you have to be there
- The date of the planned trip
- If you are using a wheelchair, scooter, portable oxygen, or other mobility aids
- Inform the person making your reservation if a personal care attendant or companion will be riding with you
- Whether a service animal or pet (must be in a carrier) will accompany you
- All of the above information for your return trip, if one is needed
Disabled individuals who are traveling between the Tri-Cities and Prosser or Benton City are strongly encouraged to use the Route 170, including those with limited mobility or in wheelchairs.