Let One of Ben Franklin Transit's Travel Guides Teach You How to Ride the Bus
What Is Travel Training?
Our Travel Training program helps people who are new to transit or need extra support and assistance in safely becoming independent travelers. BFT is committed to providing the highest quality service and support to all our customers. Each person who requests our service is treated with dignity, respect, and patience. Our Travel Guides can help you:
- Familiarize yourself with how the transit system works
- Plan your trips by providing destination cards and trip plans.
- Build confidence through short-term, one-on-one training.
- Build the skills needed to become an independent traveler, one destination at a time
Who Qualifies for Travel Training?
Travel Training is great for seniors, persons of disability, students, and people new to the area, but it is open to everyone! No matter what your situation is, If you are new to riding with us Travel Training is a great idea.
How Long Does Travel Training Take?
Travel Training is customized for each individual. The amount of time needed to successfully become an independent traveler depends on current skills and limitations. Below is a list of some of the services we provide to ensure a speedy and successful training experience.
- A The Travel Guide will accompany you while on the bus until you are comfortable enough to ride independently
- A Travel Guide will follow your progress and stay in contact with you
- A Travel Guide is always available to assist you with new travel destinations
How Much Does Travel Training Cost?
Ben Franklin Transit Travel Guides
If you have any additional questions or would like to speak with one of our experienced Travel Guides, please call (509) 735-5100.