BFT CONNECT FAQs
Where can CONNECT take me?
- There are six CONNECT service zones throughout the Tri-Cities. You can travel to any Transit Connection or pre-determined destination inside your starting zone. Lear more about the BFT CONNECT service zones here.
What is a Transit Connection?
- Transit Connections are select stops to begin or end your CONNECT trip and easily connect to BFT bus routes.
Will CONNECT take me back to where I was picked up?
- CONNECT works like a shuttle service. Vans take you from your location to your chosen destination. When you need a ride home, or to another destination within your zone, you must request another ride using the Via app or by calling 509.204.4189. As a reminder, all rides must begin and end in the same zone where the ride is booked.
Where do I wait for my ride?
- After you book a ride, the app will display the pick-up location where the vehicle will meet you. You may be asked to walk to a nearby intersection to be picked up.
- Make sure you are at the pick-up spot when the vehicles arrives. The app will countdown the minutes to your vehicle's arrival and will text you when the vehicle is two minutes away and again when it arrives.
- Remember: CONNECT is a shared service. If you are more than two minutes late, the vehicle will leave without you.
Is there a minimum age requirement to ride with CONNECT?
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Minors between the ages of 13 and 18 can have their own member accounts and ride CONNECT unaccompanied with consent from their parent or guardian.
How do I cancel or edit a scheduled ride?
- In the Via app, you can easily cancel a ride by selecting the "Cancel Ride" option at the bottom of your phone screen. To edit a ride, it's best to call CONNECT customer service at 509.204.4189.
Can I schedule a ride for a later date/time?
- CONNECT is an on-demand service, which means you request a ride when you need it. Rides cannot be scheduled for a later date or time.
Can I schedule a ride for someone other than me?
- Yes, you can request a ride for someone else if that person has a payment method available at pick-up.
Can I change my destination once I'm in the van?
- While we aim to please on every ride, a change could delay another passenger in the van or awaiting pick-up. We cannot accommodate requests for changes to drop-offs.
I don't see my destination as an option in the app. Can I still ask my driver to take me there?
- CONNECT is designed to help riders get to and from BFT bus stops, transit centers, and select destinations. Please use our fixed-route bus service or other alternative transportation for additional destinations.
Are CONNECT vehicles ADA accessible?
My driver was great! How can I thank them?
- If you had a great experience with a driver, please let us know by filling out the feedback screen on your phone after your ride.
How do I retrieve something left in a vehicle?
- Email CONNECT at [email protected]. You will be put in touch with your driver to locate lost items.
My driver left without me!
- If you still need a ride, please re-book directly in the Via app or over the phone and send an email to [email protected].
- If your app indicates that you were picked up, please text customer service directly by replying to any message you received. This will cancel your ride and allow you to re-book. Or call customer service at 509.204.4189.
Will CONNECT customer service have Spanish speakers available?
- Yes! Just call 509.204.4189.