BFT CONNECT FAQs
Where can BFT CONNECT take me?
- There are six CONNECT service zones throughout the Tri-Cities. When booking a trip, you can travel to a "Transit Connection" offered within the zone where you are picked up. Watch this video to learn more:
Will CONNECT take me back to where I was picked up?
- BFT CONNECT works like a shuttle service. Vans take you from your location to your chosen Transit Connection destination. When you need a ride home, or to another Transit Connection destination within your zone, you will need to request another ride using the Via app or by calling 509.204.4189. As a reminder, all rides must either begin or end in the same zone where the ride is booked.
Where do I wait for my ride?
- After you book a ride, the app will display the pick-up location where the vehicle will meet you. You may be asked to walk to a nearby intersection to be picked up.
- Make sure you are at the pick-up spot when the vehicle arrives. The app will countdown the minutes to your vehicle's arrival and will text you when the vehicle is two minutes away and again when it arrives.
- Remember: BFT CONNECT is a shared service. If you are more than two minutes late, the vehicle will have to leave.
How much do BFT CONNECT rides cost?
- $1.50 /per ride
- $12.00 /10 Ride Ticket
- $25.00 / Monthly Pass
- All tickets include a transfer to board a BFT bus.
- Rides are FREE with FREEDOM Pass or Columbia Basin College IDs
Can I pay with cash or my smartphone?
Yes. You can pay with your phone when you request a ride, or in cash when you get picked up. Please have correct cash in hand; drivers do not have access to change.
Is there a minimum age requirement to ride with BFT CONNECT?
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Minors between the ages of 13 and 18 can have their own member accounts and ride with BFT CONNECT unaccompanied, but they must have consent from their parent or guardian.
How do I cancel or edit a scheduled ride?
- In the Via app, you can easily cancel a ride by selecting the "Cancel Ride" option, at the bottom of your phone screen. To edit a ride, it's best to call BFT CONNECT customer service at 509.204.4189.
Can I schedule a ride for a later date/time?
- BFT Connect is an on-demand service, which means you request a ride when you need it. Rides cannot be scheduled for a later date or time.
Can I schedule a ride for someone other than me?
- Yes, you can request a ride for someone else as long as that person has a payment method available at pick-up.
Can I change my destination once I'm in the car?
- While we aim to please on every ride, a change could delay another passenger in the car or awaiting pickup. We can't accommodate requests for changes to drop-offs.
I don't see my destination as an option in the app. Can I still ask my driver to take me there?
- BFT Connect is designed to help residents get to and from designated BFT Transit Centers for seamless first-and-last mile connections and to Essential Service Locations. Please use our fixed bus service or other alternative transportation for other destinations.
Are the CONNECT vehicles ADA equipped?
- Yes, we have a limited number of ADA-equipped CONNECT vehicles, so please be sure to note that need when requesting a ride.
What is BFT CONNECT's holiday schedule?
- All of BFT's services follow the same holiday schedule. BFT does not operate and ALL BFT OFFICES ARE CLOSED on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (4th of July)
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
- On Christmas Eve (December 24), BFT operates on a normal schedule, but will terminate service early.
My driver was great! How can I thank them?
- If you had a great experience with a driver, please let us know by filling out the feedback screen after your ride.
How do I retrieve something left in a vehicle?
- As soon as you realize an item is missing, please let us know by emailing email@example.com, and we will put you in touch with your driver to track it down.
My driver left without me!
- If you were marked as a "No Show" and you still need a ride, please re-book directly in the Via app or over the phone with our CONNECT customer service, and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org we can look into what went wrong.
- If your app is indicating that you were picked up, please text customer service directly by replying to any message sent to you, so we can cancel that ride and allow you to re-book. You can also call customer service directly if you do not have SMS.
Will CONNECT customer service have Spanish speakers available?
- Yes, we have operators who speak Spanish when you call 509.204.4189.