FAQs about BFT CONNECT
Do you have questions about BFT's new CONNECT on-demand service? We've compiled a list of questions and answers below as a resource for our riders. Please note that Rider Guidelines apply to all BFT services.
If you have any additional questions about the service, please call Customer Service at 509.735.5100.
Q: Can I schedule a ride for a later date/time?
This is an on-demand service, similar to other ride-hailing apps like Uber and Lyft. Rides cannot be scheduled for a later date or time.
Q: How do I cancel or edit a scheduled ride?
In the Via App, you can easily cancel or edit a ride once it has been requested. You can also call 509.204.4189 with any questions or for assistance with changing your ride.
Q: Can I schedule a ride for someone other than me?
Yes, you can request a ride for someone else as long as that person has a payment method available at pickup.
Q: How will I use BFT CONNECT after the COVID-19 emergency?
If you live, work, or go to school within the specified zones, you can download the Via App and request a ride to or from BFT Transit Connections. From these locations, riders can transfer to or from the BFT bus network to reach where they are going. Some additional notes:
- All rides must either begin or end at a designated Transit Connection in the same zone the ride is booked in.
- Riders are eligible for a free 90-minute transfer to the BFT system upon completion of their CONNECT ride from within a zone to a designated Transit Connection in that zone. On the return trip from the bus network, riders may show a valid transfer to cut their returning CONNECT fare in half.
Q: How much will BFT CONNECT rides cost after COVID-19?
In the future, you will be able to use your BFT bus pass to pay for a portion of your ride. You will show the CONNECT driver your transfer or other BFT fare media upon boarding the vehicle.
- TO Transit Connections: $3.00 per ride in a zone, which includes a transfer to board a BFT bus.
- A valid Freedom pass waives the $3.00 fee.
- Other valid BFT fare media* discounts the fee to $1.50.
- FROM the BFT bus network: $1.50 with a valid transfer or BFT fare media* when transferring into a van at a designated Transit Connection.
*BFT fare media includes BFT monthly passes, valid Columbia Basin College IDs, and single-ride tickets. One single-ride ticket may be used to receive the $1.50 discount, or two tickets may be used to cover the full $3.00 fare. Select your planned payment option when requesting your trip.
Q: When you begin charging for rides on BFT CONNECT, can I pay with cash?
Once we begin collecting payment for rides, if you don’t have a smartphone or a BFT bus pass, you can pay for your ride with cash.However, please note that you will place your fare in a fare box and drivers are not able to give you change.
Q: What is BFT CONNECT’s holiday schedule?
All of BFT’s services follow the same holiday schedule. BFT does not operate and ALL BFT OFFICES ARE CLOSED on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (4th of July)
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
- On Christmas Eve (December 24), BFT operates on a normal schedule, but will terminate service early.
Q: Will there be limited number of rides during a particular time or day?
Since this is a new service, we will be adjusting the number of vehicles and frequency of service based on actual usage. When you use the app to request a ride, it will tell you when the next ride from your starting point will be available.
Q: Will BFT CONNECT customer service have Spanish speakers available?
Yes, we have operators who speak Spanish when you call 509.204.4189.
Q: Are the BFT CONNECT vehicles ADA equipped?
Yes, we have a limited number of ADA-equipped CONNECT vehicles, so please be sure to note that need when requesting a ride.