Prosser/Benton City Demand Response Service
Service to the general public is a demand response service, which means service is only provided when requested the day before. The service consists of pickups at designated stops within and between Prosser and Benton City.
Intercity bus Route 170 can be accessed from Prosser and Benton City. It will take customers to and from the Knight Street Transit Center in Richland.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
No service on Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays as specified below.
BFT DOES NOT OPERATE ON THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAYS:
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day (4th of July), Labor Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas
BFT operates according to the Saturday Service schedules on the following Holidays (which means demand response service will NOT be available):
New Year’s Eve, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Veterans Day, Friday after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Eve
Scheduling A General Public Ride
Prosser and Benton City general public service is demand responsive – you must request service to receive service. For Demand Response Service, Monday reservations must be made before 5:00 PM on Friday. To request a ride call toll free 1-877-646-4287 on the day before the trip is to be made.You will tell the person who takes your reservation the location and time you wish to be picked up as well as your destination, name and telephone number. The vehicle may arrive up to 20 minutes after your pre-scheduled pick up time, so please allow for this flexibility if you have an appointment that you need to keep at a specific time.
When you call to schedule a ride, it is important to have the following information ready:
- Your name and telephone number
- The date of the planned trip
- Your designated pick up stop number
- Your designated drop off stop number
- The desired arrival time at your destination; inform the call taker if you have an appointment time and what time you have to be there
- If you are using a wheelchair, scooter, portable oxygen, or other mobility aids
- Whether a service animal or pet (must be in a carrier) will accompany you
- All of the above information for your return trip, if one is needed
Please note that general public pick-up rules are different from the Dial-A-Ride rules; please see the Dial-A-Ride section if you are trying to book an eligible ADA trip.
Prosser/Benton City Demand Response Stops