TIP! Be sure to allow Transit to access your location data during the installation process.
The route display provides information such as the route name, direction, and stop name. Swipe left or right on a route to change direction. When you see the flashing real-time icon, that means there's a GPS tracker on the bus providing accurate arrival time information.
Tap on a route to pull up more detailed information. This screen displays real-time vehicle locations as icons on the map and their departure times. If you scroll down on the screen, subsequent stops and their route connections appear. Tap on Full Schedule to see all the departure times for your stop, including real-time bus schedules. Swiping left/right will change schedules for the opposite direction.
Plan your trip
Transit has a built-in Trip Planner with easy-to-use directions:
- Enter a destination by tapping the green search bar on the home screen.
- Select your route to get more details.
- If you want Transit to notify you exactly when you should start walking to catch the bus, launch the GO feature
GO provides step-by-step guidance for your whole trip. GO will recommend when to leave to board, tell you how many stops until your destination, and push notifications when you are approaching and have arrived at your destination.
Real-time arrival alternatives
Unable to download Transit? We have two other options for our passengers to choose from:
- Go to MyRide.BFT.org to see real time bus information in a browser.
- Call 509.735.5100 to speak with one of our transit experts for transit questions or trip-planning assistance from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday.
Extension of Bus and Dial-A-Ride Operating Hours to 10:00 p.m.
As of March 11, Ben Franklin Transit is offering later service hours for most bus routes and full Dial-A-Ride services until 10 p.m. Monday thru Saturday!
Catch a ride to and from work, the movies, or a night out with friends and BFT will help you get there...now even later!
View our System Guide and updated schedules here.
Note: Routes that will not have extended hours and will continue to run until 8:00 p.m. include:
- Route 41
- Route 68
- Route 110
- Route 160
- Route 170
Also, Route 25 will run until 10 p.m. Mon thru Fri, but will not have late service on Saturdays.